Monday, January 12, 2009

Trying to do better

I'm going to try and do better about writing. I've been posting on facebook quite a bit but it's not the same.
As of January 2009, the Drinnon family is no longer taking karate classes. This has freed up TONS of time. We have been able to eat dinner together every night for over a week now. Not only eat together but eat at the kitchen table. I don't think that my kids have ever eaten that many meals in a row at the table. I feel bad about that fact but am glad to have the chance to change it.
The kids are going to each take one night a week to cook dinner for the others. Drake cooked us chicken and rice yesterday. It was a crockpot meal so it was pretty easy and very tasty. Tonight Jillian cooked reuben sandwiches. They tasted very good. She did a very good job putting them together.
Tomorrow night we won't be able to eat together. Drake has to work the concession stand at the school. It is through the band that he has to work. I think he will do a good job at it. He is a natural salesmen.

No comments: