Thursday, January 29, 2009

Addiction

I think I may becoming addicted to facebook.com. Not really but still...

It has been a very neat way to reconnect with family and friends. I know that I have talked more to some of my cousins since being on facebook than I have in all the previous years. I know that is a sad statement but still true. All the info I've had on them before was filtered through my dad. I never really understood the personal side of each of them as grown-ups. Now, through this service, I have been able to look at their kids pictures, read about their hobbies, and catch up on how they live on a daily basis. It's pretty neat.

I also have reconnected with a lot of my old high school classmates. Some I would consider former (and future) friends, while others were just aquaintences. Some of the people that I wasn't friends with during school, I've found that I have a lot in common with them now. I just goes to prove that during school we are so caught up in our own little dramas that we don't take the time to really get to know people. Maybe it shows just how little we know of ourselves during that time. It takes years of living to finally settle into who you really are as a human.

I, at first, thought that facebook was only for college kids. I'm glad that I got over that misguided thought and dived into the techno age.

No comments: