Tuesday, January 27, 2009

School Update

It's now almost 3pm and we have put in a full day of learning. I think the day was a success. We did lessons in every subject. The only one that seemed to be a little thin today was Science for Drake. I found a quiz site online; I let him choose a quiz from the 7th grade choice. Well, 10 questions and like, maybe, 2 minutes later, he answered the questions, about plant/animal cells, and got them all correct. Now I know better than to do the quiz before I make him review a topic.

We even had a music lesson today. Drake showed Jilly how to play the piano. He has done the first two pages of a beginner manual. She now knows where middle 'C' is, how to hold her hands, whole notes, half notes, and quarter notes. He even showed her how to play the opening bit of Jurassic Park, for fun.

Now we will see how it goes from here on out. Maybe we will be lucky and get another snow day tomorrow.

No comments: