Thursday, January 31, 2008

Open Forum?!?

I've always been very happy that my kids seem to be really open with me. They have always talked to me about their problems, hopes, dreams, etc...
I've always been closer in this area to Drake than to Jilly. I think that we are just a lot a like in personality. I know, poor boy!

Well, as I've said before, he is growing up. As you parents out there already know, growing up brings along all kinds of new and interesting questions. When you have an open forum relationship this can put you in a tough spot. I NEVER EVER would have talked to my parents like Drake talks to me. Don't get me wrong. I'm glad he comes to me but I'm also SHOCKED that he comes to me.

I've had everything asked from "Did you do drugs?" to "What are cramps girls talk about?" WOW! Talk about thinking before you answer!! Again, this is me, his mom, that he is asking this to!! You would think that he would be more comfortable talking to another male but NOOOO!

So those of you out there with small children. Think about this next time you have family share time!! Or the next time you foster those close open talking sessions. Get ready!! Your day wil come and you will have to think fast on your feet to come up with an appropriate answer.

For those of you who have been in my shoes, say a prayer that I answer correctly. And how come you didn't warn me?

For those of you who have missed out on this great relationship with your children, I'm sorry for you and jealous all at the same time!

No comments: