Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Wednesday

Nothing very exciting has happened so far this week. We are waiting to hear about the CMO contest. They said "on or about" Feb 7th. So I've been checking the e-mail like a mad women all week long.

I was able to teach my very into name brands son a lesson in savy shopping. He needed new jean this past weekend. Well, of course he wanted to go to the mall and buy $50 jeans. He needed to look cool ya know. So, I told him we had to go to the thrift stores first. He pitched a big fit over this idea. I understand that thrift stores aren't something kids brag about but if I'm paying that is where we start. Mainly because the is NO WAY I'm going to buy big dollar jeans for a 12 year old.
He went with me and looked. He was pouting the whole time until....... I hit the mother load! Apparently I found a pair of Hurley jeans. This is a top brand for "skater" kids. Also a brand that I would never ever buy. I've also found a pair of Etinnes shoes and some cool concert t-shirts.
After this shopping trip I made him say those dreaded words that every kids hates! "You were right Mom." It was a whole lot easier to say with a cool pair of jeans in his bag!

So now I've won another convert over to the treasure hunt of thrift store shopping! YEA!!

No comments: