Thursday, December 30, 2010

New Year Resolutions

Do you guys make resolutions?  I have made all the traditional ones in the past.  You know, "I'll eat better" or the perennial favorite, "I'll exercise routinely." but this year I'm going to try something different. 

I'm going to resolve to give myself a break more often.  I'm not going to worry about weight, health, money, jobs, etc.....the list is endless isn't it.  Wouldn't it be nice to look into the mirror and think, "Wow, they love me just like this."   Wouldn't it be nice to think, "I would like to call so-and-so." then pick up the phone and do it.  Not talk yourself out of it because you don't think they would REALLY care to hear from you.  Or even, invite someone over to our house (gasp!) and not worry if our secret will get out.  You know, the secret, that we're a bunch of dorks and weirdos in our house.  You mean it isn't a secret?  You already know that about us?

I'm also going to resolve to share more of myself.  Weather it be in person or on this wonderful blog.  I'm not a very "friendly" person.  I freely admit it.  I'm not mean or even spiteful.  I'm just not comfortable putting myself out there.  I'm also terrible at "playing nice."  I don't like people being fake to me, so I won't be fake to you.  You'll always know where you stand with me.  By sharing, perhaps, I can overcome those "getting to know you" hurdles.  This has been something that I've been working on for awhile now and I have improved, somewhat.  We will see where the next year will take me.

OK, what are some of your New Year resolutions?

2 comments:

Dawn said...

Like you, I've always done the traditional resolutions, usually failing after after 3-4 months. The one thing I'm going to work on this year is putting God first in EVERYTHING and stop trying to do it on my own and then to make my family my next priority. I've caught myself over this past year putting other things (work, friends, etc) before my kids and husband. Time is too precious to not spend every minute I can with them and make memories that will last forever! Happy New Year!!!

Unknown said...

Agreed, Dawn! I know it's kind of a big "DUH!" but things really do work better if God is first. Others just fall right into place.