Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Viewership

I'm not sure that is a real word or not but I want to wax poetic about 'viewership' of blogs. One of the blogs I follow is written by a lady that was a neighbor when I was growing up. It seems that she has a fairly well known blog. Where mine isn't read by seemingly anyone (note followers).

She wrote a blog about being discouraged about the amount of viewers she gets on her blog. She wondered if it was all worth it etc... While she acknowledged that it was just a momentary depression that needed some outlet, she was still worried about how many people read her stuff. I wonder why that is. Do we really blog to be read by others or just to document our experiences?

I would love to say that I only write here to document my thoughts. I added the follower button on the side to see if anyone checked my blog regularly. It is a vanity thing. It shouldn't be that way. I want to be writing here just so I can look back over a course of time and see that my life has substance. It may not be the substance that others want for themselves but that's the way life. God made each of us different for a purpose. Maybe one day that will sink in to my tiny brain.

No comments: