Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Don't fall in love....

I once heard a quote..."the key to a long life is to not fall in love with your bed." I thought that it was a quote from George Burns but I can't find anything to link him to it.
For some reason this quote has stuck with me for years. When I'm lying in bed and just really don't want to move it has a habit of popping up in my brain. I wish that I could remove it. Really, I do! I want to be able to be one of those people that can just lounge around in bed until noon. I would love to be able to call my kids into school 'sick' because we needed to stay asleep for several more hours.
Then that stupid thought pops up and out of bed I go. Eight o'clock is the farthest I've been able to push it. Isn't that sad? I guess I will have to be one of those people who are out and about at the crack of dawn. Now we will have to wait and see if it truly is the key to a long life.

No comments: