Friday, February 20, 2009

7 Quick Takes Friday

Some of the other bloggers do this on Friday so I thought it would be a good thing for me to start. It will ensure that I write something at least once a week and it's pretty easy to come up with 7 little things to jot down.

1. This week went by very quickly. Sometimes it scares me how fast it travels. Before I know it I'll be ready for retirement. Wait, how is that scary?

2. Jilly had a President's Day oral report that she gave on Monday. Steve was able to go to this program. She did her report over George H. W. Bush. Steve said she did a great job and is a natural performer. She was one of just a couple of kids who would look up from the report and speak to the crowd. She also was able to ad lib little quips that had the audience laughing. She loves the attention and can't wait to have the chance to be on stage sometime. I'll have to look into getting her some acting workshops.

3. Drake is his normal self. He keeps coming home saying he 'earned' money at school. Apparently, he takes money from others to perform tricks/feats/errands. Usually it's just enough to buy a soda from the machine. I'm not sure what to do about this problem. He isn't doing anything wrong, just eating gross things or fetching things for other kids. It seems to me that he has a mind for business. LOL! I have counseled him on how it's wrong to take money from others and he better make sure they understand and 'want' to give him the money.

4. Our pharmacy intern,Travis,isn't coming into work today. His mother is coming home from the hospital today. She has been in the hospital since the middle of November. We are so happy for him and his family. They are such a close family and deserve to spend quality time together. Please, everyone, continue to pray for his mother's recovery.

5. We recieved several textbooks this week. I'm so excited about starting school this summer with the kids. I really think we will make great progress with them. I still get overwhelmed with the details of schooling but know that it is something that will be able to be overcome. Plus, why worry about details, right? ;)

6. I got a sample of India Tulsi Tea this week. I'm not a huge tea drinker but I gave it a try. WOW! It was not what I was expecting at all. I've never had a tea that was spicy before. Spicy, as in tingle the tongue. It was the strangest thing ever. The tea wasn't bad to taste just way unexpected.

7. Steve and Dave are busy again on their story. I think they have changed the latest story from a screenplay into a novel. They strive to write at least 500 words a day. I can't wait to read the finished product. I think the boys have a talent and don't care if nothing ever comes of their work. I think it is important to have the stories for the kids to read something that their father cared about.

Ok, that makes seven. Believe it or not, that was harder to do than I thought it would be.

No comments: