Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Tuesday

I've actually been busy since the last post.

Last Thursday was Valentines Day. It was a nice day. I woke up to 3 wrapped presents all for me on the kitchen table. WOW!! It was a shock. I mean, I suspected I would get a little something but not 3 big presents. Thats more than I got for my birthday. Well, I got two pairs of jeans (needed), a fleur de leis necklace (wanted), and a lovebug in a box (loved). It was great! The kids each got a goodie bag sent to them at school and Steve had a goodie basket at home.

I sent cups and plates for Drakes Vday party. Being in 6th grade there was no way that I was invited to attened. That would be so uncool! Lucky for me, Jilly still wants me around. So I went to her party and didn't even have to bring anything.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Jilly ended up sick during the party. I tooke her home after the party and she went down hill from there! I'm pretty sure she had viral bronchitis. Poor thing was coughing up a storm. She stayed sick all weekend. But she is finally about done coughing. Thank Goodness!! For those of you who know me well, you know I don't do well without a full nights sleep, and a coughing kid doesn't lend itself to sweet dreams. Thank God for my dear sweet hubbie!

Saturday Drake had to go to karate to help another kid earn his blackbelt. One of the instructors was earning his 3rd degree black belt. Man oh man was that a site to behold!! They brought in some fighters from another town. Not just regular fighters but professional and semi-professional fighters. They did not hold back! My eyes were popping out of my head. I hate to say this but it was AWESOME to watch. Poor Garic (the 3rd degree) ended up dislocating his shoulder.
Here is a video of one round that Drake fought. He is in the red shirt & Jilly is the kid yelling in the background.
Well, dang!! I can't get the video to attach. Sorry!!

Well, thats enough for now. This week is full of basketball games. Woo Hoo!

No comments: