Monday, January 10, 2011

My Mother is On Facebook.

OK, my mother isn't really on facebook.  She's up in heaven, laughing at the thought right now.  I'm the "mother" in this sentence.  I find the thought kind of strange.  When did I get to be the old one?  I still feel like the kid in the back seat, telling my parents to "turn it up!"

My son does HAVE to be my "friend" on facebook.  He can't block me or he loses the privilege of being on the Internet.  When I stop and think about the idea of keeping him from the Internet, it doesn't seem like a practical idea.  In this day and age, people almost MUST be connected, at least part of the time.  Anyway, back to the subject at hand.  He is my "friend" but I've found out that he deletes comments I make on his page.  What does this say about him? Or me, for that matter?  At first, it made me mad that he deletes my comments.  It hurt my feelings.  Then I understood that I would have done the same to my parents.  It's one thing to have to hang out at your house and another one to invite your parent to hang out, too.  That is what facebook is anymore, kids hanging out together.  So, I guess I'm the parent listening at the door but not going in to tell them to stop the burping/farting/etc...

No comments: