Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Review: Help, Lord, I’m Getting Ready to Start Homeschooling My High Schooler!


Today I'm going to review the e-book "Help, Lord, I’m Getting Ready to Start Homeschooling My High Schooler!" from The Old Schoolhouse Magazine. Here is the link to the store's purchase page.

http://www.theoldschoolhousestore.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=334_418&products_id=12107

This e-book was very inspirational for me to read. It contains the stories of several families and their journey through high school. Each story illustrates how different each and every family is that homeschools. It made me stop and think that everyone, even myself, really does have the ability to educate their children. It tells the story of families in many, many different situations. I feel that there is going to be, at least, one story that makes you think, "that's just like us!"

Although I have had no doubts about keeping my kids home though graduation, it is nice to hear success stories from other families. I think that everyone has those days when they think, "Am I messing things up for my kids?" or "Are they missing out on something by not going to "real" school?" Reading these true life accounts is like a pat on the back. It re-enforces the confidence and gives a large dose of encouragement.

Who do I think should purchase this product? I think that, for sure, anyone who doubts their ability to see their children's education through to high school and still feels called to do it. It shows that you don't have to be "super teacher" to get the job done right. I also think the product is a good fit for those parents that just need a fresh look on why they got themselves into the "mess" of educating their kids. It really made me feel good about the decision to educate my kids.


No comments: