Monday, April 27, 2009

Nothing Interesting

Not really anything interesting going on around the Drinnon abode. We are enjoying work again. The stress level for us as been reduced tons. I really appreciate the fact that my co-workers understand that I don't want to work full time. They seem to try NOT to call me to work for them and when they do ask it is for worthy causes. I know, who's to decide what is worthy and what isn't but I'm sure you know what I mean by that statement.

We had our first real chance of tornadoes yesterday and did just fine without TV. Jilly was more scared than usual but I think that is because we had the radio on and were listening to the warnings. Before, when we had cable TV, we would just put on the news and they would just update occasionally. The radio was focused solely on the weather.

Our garden is doing very well so far this year. I've been able to pick a couple of bunches of spinach already. The sandwiches taste so much better with home-grown spinach on them. Our potatoes look AMAZING. We still have to wait awhile to find out if there are really potatoes under the pretty plants but the plants sure do look healthy. The carrots look good as do the beans, onions, and our single lettuce plant. I'm not sure what happened to the lettuce. It was either the freeze we had or the stupid cats! Whatever the cause, we only have one plant that made it. We also have a tomato plant, four pepper plants, and some okra that hasn't sprouted yet. Time will tell on these.

Well, that is enough boring chit chat for the day. I have Jilly's spring music concert tonight. I'll try to post about it.

No comments: