Thursday, March 13, 2008

San Fran Here We Come!

I think I have everything in order for vacation. Bags are packed, clothes are set out, flight checked in, car set for pick-up. I think thats most of it.

Steve is at home right now putting down weed-n-feed. You know the yard will just go to hell if he doesn't do that TODAY! Four more days and it will be a jungle out there. Sometimes he is so much like my Dad that it frightens me.

I went to the book fair this morning. I did good and only bought 3 books. One for Drake, Jilly, & I for the airplane. Ooops, I bought 4! I forgot that Drake kept one at school to read. It was some Anime/Skateboard book. I knew that it would only take him like and hour to read so I made him pick out another one for the plane. Steve didn't get one. He'll read the tour books I have.

Tonight we have parent/teacher conferences. Steve will do Drakes teachers and I'll do Jilly's. I always like to go to these. Maybe I wouldn't if my kids weren't pretty good students. Its always easier to hear your kids are great than if you heard they were nothing but trouble.

Drake thought he was going to get a 'B' in reading. He had several papers he turned in late so he lost points. I have never seen a child so upset over a 'B'. Heck, when I was in school I was happy with them. Not him though. I thought he was going to have a breakdown over it. I finally convinced him to talk to his teacher and see if there was anything he could do about it. It sounds like he said the right things. You know, how it was all his fault, he knows it was his responsibility, etc... Well, it turns out that one of the ones he turned in he forgot his name on it so it wasn't recorded at all. So his 'B' grade was including a zero for one of his papers. I think the world is back on axis now that he found that out.

Jilly just finished her first "4th grade" book. She feels so smart about it. I'm just tickled pink that she does so well. I always worry about her vision but it seems that she is able to do any and everything she puts her mind to. Thankfully she hasn't put her mind to anything dangerous. Well, yet anyway!

I guess that's enough for now. I'm sure I'll make a big long report filled with pictures when I get back from San Francisco!

1 comment:

AMaloy314 said...

I can't wait to hear all about the trip and see the photos!