Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Book Review: The Scroll by Grant R. Jeffrey & Alton L. Gansky

This is one fun archaeological thriller.  Oh yeah, it's a Christian Fiction book, too.  Don't you just love it when you read a Christian Fiction book and it doesn't scream "CHRISTIAN" the whole time you are reading it?  I hope I'm not the only one that feels that way.  Sometimes I just find that they try to hard to be "good" in the writing of the story.  I figure if it's a good enough story they don't have to hit me over the head with the message of Christianity.  This book seems to have found that line.

This is the story of Dr. David Chambers, a leading biblical archaeologist.  He has spent his career finding archaeological proof of things depicted in the Bible.  At the start of the story he has fallen away from his faith in God.  He wants to leave the world of the Bible and explore different cultures.  This is much to the dismay of his professional colleagues.

David is talked back into "one last dig" in the Middle East by an old friend and mentor.  He tempts him by implying they have and idea of where to find the riches mentioned in the Copper Scroll.  If they do find these riches, then history will be altered forever.  Will this change be good or bad?  It all depends on ones beliefs.

When sabotage at the site begins at the sites, the actions really gets going.  This book contains all the key elements needed for an action packed thriller.  It has love, murder, secrets, history, & betrayal.  Who could ask for more?

I don't want to give away much of the story.  It's just to much fun to "watch" it unfold while you read it.  If you like historical fiction and mystery's, this book is a great choice.  I loved the settings, the characters, and the plot.  This is one to read!

Please Rank My Review!!  Thanks!


I was given this book by WaterBrook-Multnomah Publishing for review.  The opinions expressed are my own

No comments: