Thursday, November 10, 2011

Book Review: Belong To Me by Marisa de los Santos

Here is another book by my latest favorite author, Marisa de los Santos.  "Belong To Me" continues our look into the life of Corneliea Brown, while introducing us to some wonderful new characters.  This story stands alone from "Love Walked In" but I feel that by reading "Love Walked In" first greatly increases the enjoyment of the novel.

Ms. De los Santos gives us a wonderful look at the relationships between women. I think that the main theme of the book is showing us the difference in superficial connections to others and real emotional connections.  Through her characters she allows us to see how being true to yourself will enrich your life.

I really liked the character, Piper.  She is, in my mind, a queen-bee, Stepford wife, head cheerleader type person at the beginning of the book.  She is just an awful person.  The kind you love to hate because she is so hateful.  As Piper deals with her best friends terminal cancer battle, we watch her change into a "real" person.  To see her realise her mistakes and learn to be genuine, you just fall in love with her.  It makes you feel like you can change those thing you don't like about yourself, if she can overcome being a total jerk. LOL!

There are a couple of other main characters that I won't go into here.  I'll just leave it at they are just as full and well developed as Cornelia and Piper.  You will really enjoy getting to know them.

I would definitely recommend reading this one!

No comments: