Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Overwhelmed

Today is a day that I'm glad not many people, if any, read this blog. I'm feeling totally overwhelmed right now. Our company boss and good friend, Randall Kourt, died two weeks ago. This threw everything in our lives into total caos. We didn't know where the company was headed, we didn't know who would provided needed functions, we didn't know what the money status of the company was. To make matters worse, Randall was our day off. He was also our vacation relief.

I stepped up and agreed to do paperwork for the company. This is no small task. There are 8 stores in the company. I will have to do daily worksheets, pay bills, and run payroll. I don't think this will take up to much time once I get everything settled. It's the getting settled that is working on me. Plus, now everyone thinks I'm the person with all the answers. I understand that I have opinions that I don't keep to myself. I understand that someone needs to get things done but I'm not seeing the end of the tunnel.

Tonight I just kept thinking about time off from work. Steve and I have no one to cover us. How are we going to be able to go on vacation? We are planning on working 6 days a week. I'm not sure who to even ask to cover a whole week. I'm sitting here bawling like a baby because i can't take a vacation who knows when. It is so stupid!! I know it is stupid yet I can't stop it! I've been able to solve all the problems for everyone else in the company who have been freaking out but I can't solve this!

I guess I just need to go to bed and I'm sure all will be well in the morning. This may be one of those things that I hate to read later on but right now it feels good to get it out. I'm not going to re-read this so I'm sure it will be rambling and full of errors, please over look it.

No comments: