Thursday, December 6, 2012

Book Review: The Archived by Victoria Schwab

Sorry I've been neglectful of my writing duties.  We switched things up at home and I'm working more than I was before.  I'm not reading less. I'm just not as able to devote time to writing.  I need to do better about just allowing myself time for this. Enough excuses, let's get into the review.

I received a sneak peek look at Vicotria Schwab's book "The Archived" from Netgalley.com. I'm not sure that I'll sign up for more sneak peeks in the future.  It is killing me not knowing what happens next in the story.  Of course, they leave you at a "cliff hanger" point in the story.

The story is told from the view point of 16 year-old Makenzie Bishop.  She is a Keeper.  This is a job handed down to her from her grandfather.  A Keeper is a person who finds Histories and returns them to the Archive.  I'm sure that none of that made sense to you.  It is explained wonderfully in the book.  It is a different take on what happens to a person when they die.

This is a young adult novel.  I found it to be fast paced and engaging.  It has just enough mystery to keep you turning the pages.  I know that I will be tracking down a copy of the entire book so that I can find out what happens next.

No comments: